Purple Half Drilled Pearls
Diameter: 8mm Approx.
Length: 8mm Approx.
Hole Size: 1mm
Quantity: 1 Bead.
Colour: Light Purple
These are beautiful AA-grade half-drilled natural pearls for making earrings.
Very easy to use as all you need is a headpin or an ear post to make earrings out of them.
These natural beads have either been cultivated on a pearl farm or created entirely by mother nature. Naturally occurring pearls are rare to find, cultivate and can be quite expensive depending on a number of factors like shine, lustre and size.
Half-drilled pearls are pearls that have only one hole drilled partially into the pearl, leaving one side of the pearl undrilled. This type of pearl is specifically designed for certain jewellery-making techniques and applications.
Here are some common uses for half-drilled pearls:
- Pearl Stud Earrings: These are often used in stud earrings where the undrilled side of the pearl is secured to a post or peg, while the drilled side is left exposed. This creates an elegant and classic look, with the pearl appearing to float on the earlobe.
- Pearl Pendants and Necklaces: These can be used as focal points in pendant designs or strung onto a necklace. The undrilled side of the pearl can be attached to a bail or pendant finding, allowing the pearl to dangle gracefully.
- Pearl Ring Embellishments: Half-drilled pearls can be used as decorative elements in rings. They can be set into a bezel or prong setting, allowing the undrilled side to be secured to the ring while showcasing the pearl’s beauty.
- Pearl Bracelets and Charms: Half-drilled pearls can be attached to bracelet designs as charms or dangles. The undrilled side of the pearl can be attached to a jump ring or connector, creating movement and adding elegance to the bracelet.
- Cufflinks and Tie Pins: Half-drilled pearls can also be used in men’s jewelry, such as cufflinks or tie pins. The undrilled side can be affixed to the metal base of the cufflink or tie pin, creating a sophisticated and stylish accessory.